Thursday, 14 March 2013

In the beginning...

Well, Here we go. No idea how this blog business works, but gonna give it a bash. This blog will be dedicated to my list of "30 things to do before I turn 30". The countdown has begun. Well it began over 28 years ago, but its still counting down and getting closer and closer. 
Time to achieve some stuff, on top of what I have already done...
Some of this is fun, some silly, some very tough, some simply things I want to do. Some I have talked the talk, but never actually done it. This is my motivation to do more, see more and be more.
I hope that friends will support me in my conquest!

Here goes...


30 Things to do before I turn 30!

  1. Sky Dive
  2. Raise at least £1000 for charity
  3. Run a marathon in under 4 hours
  4. Learn to play guitar
  5. Go 30 consecutive days without alcohol
  6. Visit Costa Rica
  7. Make rice wine. It’s only been 6 years of talking about doing it…
  8. Conquer (climb) Ben Nevis
  9. Walk like a penguin for 12 hours
  10. Meet and feed a chimpanzee
  11. Make my own home-brew.
  12. Go to a bookshop and leave notes in my favourite books for future readers.
  13. Go to a music festival.
  14. Make national news (UK wide)
  15. With a pair of boots and a camera, make a photo diary of an invisible man’s day out.
  16. Create the rainbow with vodka and skittles. (Then presumably ‘taste the rainbow’)
  17. Go stargazing and see the galaxy, not just a few stars!
  18. Go to a Michelin starred restaurant.
  19. See the northern lights
  20. Write a piece of fiction whilst sitting outside a café. Ask strangers for help when you get stuck.
  21. Publish a scientific paper
  22. Become a Laird.
  23. Perform short silent plays in front of CCTV cameras.
  24. Find Nemo (or at least go SCUBA diving).
  25. Complete 2 extreme assault courses within a year (Because one is not enough).
  26. Experience something new that's pretty awesome!
  27. Take at least one great photo a month until I turn 30. As of April 2013. I will be the judge of what constitutes 'great'...
  28. Go tech free for a week, (No TV, ipod, mobile phone, computer etc).
  29. Attend Oktoberfest
  30. Do a blog to document this stuff (The fact it is here can only be a positive start)
   

2 comments: