Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Yummy Beer, a GREAT cause, and yes, I am now a Laird!

Well, this is overdue! It has been a hectic couple of months!
Straight down to business then...

No: 2 & 3: Run a marathon in 4 hours and raise money for charity.
It's on! Training is well underway. I have to get a lot fitter. I am certain that it is going to be a lot of hard work! Like an awful lot of hard work. Like loads and loads of work. So with that much effort, I have decided to try and rasie money for a truly excellent casue. I am running the Edinburgh marathon for Great Ormand Street Hospital Children's Charity. Money raised for GOSHCC is currently going to rebuilding the hospital, as well as buying new equipement and of course providing the kids and families with invaluable support. Having been treated at GOSH whilst in my teens for a brain tumour and having it successfully removed I can't think of a better cause - I am truly indebted to the great work of all the staff at the hospital, and the support of GOSHCC to kids there is brilliant.Without the successful surgery and the care of teh staff at GOSH so many things I have enjoyed in the last 10 years simply would not have been possible. Trips to Borneo, Africa, going SCUBA diving, learning to drive. just the tip of the iceberg.

**If you feel like you'd like to sponsor me, and support this great charity, you can visit my just Giving page here:
www.justgiving.com/andrewlaing2014 **
I'm sure this will feature again. On every update between now and May 25th!

HOMEBREW!!! (No11). 
I made homebrew and it was tasty! I've discovered that bottles last longer than the keg, which after a couple of weeks goes flat (just have to drink it all very quickly then!?). So next time there will be more than 3 bottles. and less than 25 pints in the keg... Yummy. I found a photo of it.
                                                                       Not bad, eh?
So, No. 11: Make my own home-brew. Check.

No 4: Learn to play guitar.
I have not learned the guitar yet. BUT I now have a guitar on loan and a book of guitar music. So just need to do the learning bit. That will happen sooooon.  


No 22. Become a Laird.
I am now a Laird of Chaol Ghleann (Ridiculous or what!?) The title deeds have arrived. I own a miniscule plot of land there. hoorah! You may address me Lord Andrew now.
Seeing as I am not an actual Lord, it had to be bought for a small fee, which goes towards the restoration of Dunans castle, Bridge and grounds. So that is good news.
Get in!

I do have photos to update, but they are not handy. So that will have to wait. Also, one of them is not that great. Need to get the camera out a bit more...!

1 comment: